I think I’ve got the cart before the horse again…

March 24, 2010 at 7:39 pm (Baby making, Random rantings)

I had a C-section with Junior.  My labor was induced 2 weeks early because I had fluid in my kidneys.  I labored for 3o hours, pushed for 4 and still had a C-section.  I really think I’ll try for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) next time.  I didn’t have any issues with the surgery last time.  I healed quickly, felt well, etc, but part of me is really feeling the need to do it.  I feel almost like I got cheated last time.  I mean, come on, I pushed for four hours!  The said his head was just too big.  The more research I do, the more I’m finding it likely that he really wasn’t in the right position.  I was induced early; Junior didn’t decide he was ready.  Maybe he wasn’t turned the right way.  I have no way of knowing.  I just feel like I’ve got to try again.  If I ended up with another C-section, I wouldn’t be upset.  I want to experience going into labor on my own.  I want to take the time to labor at home for a while; to be good and ready when I get to the hospital.  I want to push my next baby out the way millions of women have done it for all of history.  I want to have my baby placed on my chest as soon as he/she is born.

I know I’m way ahead of myself, but I’ve already started researching.  I know there’s only one VBAC friendly hospital in my county, so the location is settled.  Once I get pregnant, I’ll need to start calling doctors and finding one that understands my goals.  So many things to think about and I’m not even pregnant yet!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: